April 24 - 28, 2017
Loation: Great Smoky Mountains N.P, TN
With Adam Jones & Donna Eaton
Workshop Cost: $1095
Maximum number of participants: 14
Please see my Smoky Mountain Gallery here
Those of you familiar with my work know Donna and I consider the Great Smoky Mountains N.P to be "the" premier National Park in the eastern United States. Twenty plus years of exploring the park produced two coffee table books and more importantly the experience to guide you to the right locations at the right time.
We'll headquarter our workshop at the Hilton Garden Inn, Gatlinburg, just a few hundred feet from the park entrance. The Hilton Garden Inn is virtually new with meeting facilities, restaurants within walking distance, and centrally located for access to the premier locations. We have a meeting room reserved for critiques, reviewing new images, and lessons when the light is not suitable for great photography.
The Smoky Mountains is truly a photographer’s paradise offering wide-ranging photo opportunities. This workshop is scheduled to offer the best all around opportunities the spring season has to offer: classic mountain vistas, flowing streams, waterfalls, wildflowers, historic barns and cabins, fences, pastoral scenes, horses, turkey, deer, and perhaps even bears.
- Macro Wildflower Techniques: Lighting, Using Diffusers, Flash, Diopters, Extension Tubes, Tele-converters
- Wide Angle & Telephoto landscapes: Learn to use all your lenses
- Flash: Full Flash, Fill Flash from scenic to macro subjects
- Creative Depth of Field: We'll teach you to take control of your camera and get the results you want.
- Motion Treatments: Techniques for waterfalls, streams and more
- Composition: Learning to see creatively: Using graphics and color for stronger compositions
- Camera Setup: Setting the camera to work the way you want
- Basic Workflow: Filters, Plug Ins, Working with Textures
- HDR for Controlling Excessive Contrast: Techniques for realistic HDR to artistic "grungy" illustrations.
- Focus stacking: for unlimited depth of focus
- Textures: Make your photos look like paintings
- Infra Red: Black and white techniques
Food, lodging, and transportation not included.
April 24 Meet at Hilton Garden Inn conference room at 6PM for orientation.
April 25, 26, 27 Out early before sunrise each day as weather and lighting conditions allow. Break during middle of day when light is harsh, out for best afternoon light.
April 28 Again out early before sunrise, early morning shooting, then return to Gatlinburg for group breakfast and checkout of hotel.
We do not give a detailed itinerary, preferring to react on the fly to lighting and weather conditions for the best possible images each day and each location.
Donna is a personal friend and fantastic nature photographer and Nikon user who loves to share her knowledge with others, I'm sure you’ll enjoy the time shared with Donna: www.donnaeatonphoto.com
Participants always enjoy a tremendous learning experience with us in a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere. Donna and I enjoy teaching, we are there to help you every step of the way in a friendly nurturing atmosphere. Join us for the most fun you'll ever have learning and exploring nature through photography.
This workshop usually sells out, so reserve your place as soon as possible. Non-photographer spouses or friends are welcome at no extra charge.
Reserve Your Place Now!
Checks should be made payable to:
6814 Clore Lake Road
Crestwood, KY 40014
Please include all your normal contact information including your email address along with your check, and you will receive a written confirmation of payment.
For more information, please email me: